The Seeking Resonance Series offers opportunities for us all to explore the vibrational quality of connecting with a place or space, each other and ourselves.
Each season, we curate a collection of thematically linked performances and Ovations Offstage events, so that audiences can experience a connection with artists and artforms spanning a variety of genres and cultures.
2022-23 Seeking Resonance Events
From stories of migration to diasporic art forms, we travelled the world with the many Black, Brown and Indigenous peoples, cultures and artistic expressions that make up our global community. Together, we explored our deep need to find “home:” a space and place that makes us feel whole – where we feel joyful, safe, valued and loved.
2020-21 Season (Virtual Events)
- Kennedy Center Arts Across America “Sacred Resonance”
- Being Future Beings (Virtual Conversation)
- The Kingdom Choir
- Boston Camerata: Free America
- GuGu Drum Group
- The Orlando Consort: “Voices Appeared”
- Ranky Tanky
- Simon Shaheen: “Zafir”
- Sandglass Theater: “Babylon”
- Ladysmith Black Mambazo
Portland Ovations initiated Seeking Resonance in 2016 to explore performance inspired by religious and spiritual life.
- A Far Cry featuring David Krakauer: “Dreams & Prayers”
- The LeeVees featuring Adam Gardner of Guster
- The Jones Family Singers
- Yuval Ron Ensemble featuring Dervish Aziz: “Seeker of Truth”
- Ragamala Dance Company: “Sacred Earth”