Learn About Our Policies
All tickets are exchangeable to another Portland Ovations performance within the season. Buy now and know if something happens your purchase is secure.
We are contractually obligated to pay artists, facilities, and crews for our performances and therefore rarely cancel a performance for weather. Please visit our website for updates. We post notice of cancellations or postponements on the show ticket page immediately. We also attempt to notify ticket holders of cancellations or postponements by telephone and/or email as soon as possible. If a show goes on as scheduled, we are unable to refund the cost of tickets. Please do not endanger yourself this winter. Make sure to give yourself plenty of time to travel and park safely.
How we collect information
We collect information you provide about yourself when you:
- Purchase Portland Ovations tickets from PortTIX, contact our offices to request materials or information, and/or register on our website to receive our email newsletters.
- We occasionally change lists of names and postal addresses with other Portland-area nonprofits. These lists are used for one-time mailings, usually of our annual brochure, and are deleted after use.
- We never purchase or sell lists. We also never purchase, seek out, or accept lists of email addresses or phone numbers.
How we use information
- If you provide us or PortTIX with your email address, we may send you our periodic email newsletter, in addition to emails when we have something special to announce.
- We only want to email you if you want to hear from us. You have the right to opt out of these emails at any time by contacting our offices or by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing email.
- We send our email newsletters using an internet mailing service called Wordfly. Wordfly will never use your information except on our behalf. If you have concerns, we encourage you to read their terms of service.
- We may occasionally share our list of email addresses with collaborating organizations, but only so that they may send email on our behalf. We never share email addresses with such organizations so that they may use them for marketing.
- If you supply us or PortTIX with your postal address you may receive mailings from us with information on your purchases or future events. If you do not wish to receive such mailings, please let us know by contacting our offices.
- We may periodically share your name and postal address with other local nonprofit organizations for one-time-only use. If you wish, you may have your information put on our do-not-share list by writing to us at email@example.com. Please provide us with your exact name and address and we will do our best to ensure your name is removed from any lists we share with other organizations.
- Your phone number may be used to contact you about any problems related to your ticket purchases and to directly respond to you when you have contacted us.
- We never share our list of phone numbers with any other organizations.
Privacy on the website
You may find that our website has saved cookies to your computer. These are a function of the software that powers our website. These cookies cannot be used to personally identify you and they are not used to track your movements.
Portland Ovations uses various third-party services such as Google Analytics to track visitors to our website. We use these services to collect aggregate data on the technical capabilities of visitors computers, on the number and timing of visits to our web pages, and on visitors movements through our site. No personally identifying information is ever tracked or stored. The data we gather are used internally to better understand and support our users.