A Time-Honored Commitment to the Performing Arts
Portland Ovations is a nonprofit cultural organization based in Southern Maine dedicated to gathering communities to share in the power of live performance. Ovations connects artists and audiences both onstage and off — making the arts an integral part of community life.
Our unique array of live performances for the public and school audiences are curated to delight, inspire and educate. Venues used throughout greater Portland include historic and modern theaters, clubs, galleries, and classrooms — chosen carefully to ensure the best possible experience for both audiences and artists.
Join us for a season of performances that span the traditional to the contemporary, the intimate to the spectacular, the popular to the unexpected.
To inspire a curious and imaginative community where the experience of the performing arts is a vital part of every day life.
Portland Ovations propels the artistic, social, educational and economic wellbeing of communities through the power of the performing arts.
Our Core Values
- celebrates the power and brilliance of the performing arts.
- commits to being anti-racist.
- continues to evolve governance, operations, finances and programs to embody inclusivity, diversity, equity and access.
- nurtures a staff, board and collective culture that is compassionate, committed and enthusiastic.
- collaborates with other arts organizations, nonprofits, education systems and the business sector to promote lifelong learning through the arts.
Racial Equity Statement
At Ovations, we recognize that promoting racial equity and anti-racism in the arts and culture sector is essential to showcasing the brilliance and artistry of diverse and multicultural communities from around the globe. Our commitment to inclusion, diversity, equity and access extends to all aspects of our operations, including governance, programming and community engagement. We aim to include all voices, stories and perspectives in our programs and inspire similar efforts in the Portland, Maine area, resulting in a more just and equitable society where everyone’s contributions are valued.