The Sphinx Virtuosi are the nation’s most dynamic, exhilarating professional chamber orchestra dedicated to increasing racial and ethnic diversity in classical music. The exquisitely curated program, TRACING VISIONS, challenges and evolves the “classical canon” by illuminating a new pathway for listening, sharing and expression through voices rich with history, conflict and celebration. Their dynamic program includes works by composers Xavier Foley, Valerie Coleman, Florence Price, Jessie Montgomery and more.
- XAVIER FOLEY: Ev’ry Voice
- FLORENCE PRICE: String Quartet No. 2 in A minor
- II. Andante Cantabile
- SAMUEL COLERIDGE-TAYLOR: Four Novelletten
- I. Allegro moderato
- II. Andante con moto
- JESSIE MONTGOMERY: Banner! for quartet and string orchestra
- ANDREA ASARRUBIOS: Seven (for solo cello)
- Featuring Thomas Mesa, cello
- RICARDO HERZ: Inocente
- RICARDO HERZ: Mourinho
- ALBERTO GINASTERA: Concerto for Strings, Op. 33
- IV. Finale furioso
PRICES START AT: $20-$45
STUDENT DEAL: $15
Members save 10% off full-priced tickets. Learn how to become an Ovations Member here.
Package and Save – Choose any 4 performances for a 10% discount or call 207.842.0800
All tickets are exchangeable to another Portland Ovations performance within the season.
Wheelchairs, Assisted hearing, ASL, Captions (for virtual programming)