2017-18 Portland Ovations Offstage Ambassador Program
Application Deadline: November 1, 2017
The Ovations Offstage Ambassador program is open to any high school student who is a resident of Maine as of September 2017.
Program runs from January-May 2018.
Accepted participants will be notified on November 15, 2017
Ambassador program benefits:
- Opportunities to attend different genres of performances and write reviews for immediate posting, tweeting, and status updating
- Meetings with different arts professionals throughout the season
- An insider’s view of different performance and administrative careers in the performing arts
- Opportunities to represent Portland Ovations at different events
- Exposure to a non-profit business model
- Guest speakers, masterclasses, backstage tours, meet and greets with professionals in various career paths connected to the arts
- Application Questions
- Personal essay (250-300 words)
- Photo release form
- Parental consent form
- Headshot (any photo of full face, with no one else in the picture, full page size)
- Two Recommendation forms
- Copy of 16-17 school year report card
- Optional additional materials including writing sample, professional resume, etc.
Completing an application does not guarantee selection. Students will be selected from applicants and contacted with their acceptance to the program. Any student who does not continue to meet the requirements of the program may be terminated from the program at any time.
Applicants will be notified no later than November 15, 2017.
Ovations Offstage Ambassador Program
50 Monument Square, 2nd Floor
Portland, ME 04101
Call 207.773.3150 ext. 3 or email firstname.lastname@example.org