“…the new gold standard for new-music…” – The New Yorker
Called “extraordinary” by The New York Times and “America’s foremost new-music group” by Alex Ross, International Contemporary Ensemble (ICE) is one of the most exciting ensembles working today. For Ovations audiences only, ICE brings an evening of music drawn from Ashley Fure’s The Force of Things: An Opera for Objects, interspersed with works by Maine-born composer Suzanne Farrin. Uniquely staged and featuring an eclectic array of instruments – including voice, bassoon, piano, cello, percussion, and the ondes Martenot, an early electronic instrument – the program explores an otherworldly ecological progression through an immersive audience experience.
- Suzanne Farrin: New Work (World Premiere)
- Ashley Fure: Shiver Lung 2 (2017)
- Suzanne Farrin: ll Suono (2016)
- Olivier Messiaen/ Suzanne Farrin: Louange à l’Éternité de Jésus (from Quatuor pour la fin du temps) (1941)
- Alvin Lucier: Still and Moving Lines of Silence in Families of Hyperbolas Part 1 (Numbers 1-4) (1982)
- Suzanne Farrin: Polvere et Ombra (2008)
*Program subject to change.