“Montero’s playing has everything: crackling rhythmic brio, subtle shadings, steely power in climactic moments, soulful lyricism … and, best of all, unsentimental expressivity.” – The New York Times
Award-winning pianist Gabriela Montero, lauded for her monster technique and thrilling tone, is equally known as an inspired improviser. Her unique program pays homage to the westward emigration of three great early 20th-century Russian pianist/composers: Rachmaninov, Prokofiev and Stravinsky. The program concludes with Montero’s real-time, improvised score to Charlie Chaplin’s iconic short film, The Immigrant.
- PROKOFIEV: Sarcasms: Five Pieces for Piano, op 17
- PROKOFIEV: Piano Sonata No. 2 in D minor, op 14
- RACHMANINOV: Piano Sonata No 2, op 36
- STRAVINSKY: Piano Sonata in F-sharp minor
- Charlie Chaplin’s The Immigrant with live score
*Program Subject to change