This event will be captioned and interpreted.
Join Portland Ovations the week of January 11-15, 2021, everyday at noon as we host an exciting week-long series to kick off our new program of commissioning Maine artists. New Year, New Works is a series of five virtual, 30-minute, meet the artist style events. Each day you will meet a different Maine artist and learn about their project. Register one time for FREE and attend as many artist conversations as you like.
In late April and May 2021, the artists will make public work-in-progress presentations. Ovations will then produce and present the fully commissioned works over its next three seasons.
ABOUT DEE CLARKE
Playwriting, for her project The Last Girl, a theatrical script based on dee’s 2014 testimony to the Maine Human Rights Commission on her personal experiences of being sexually trafficked. Ms. Clarke is the founder of SurvivorSpeakUSA, an organization working to end sex trafficking and exploitation through elevating the voices of survivors, and bringing their stories to leadership positions where they can most affect change.
Full Artist Conversation Schedule
- Monday, January 11, 2021, Noon – Riley Watts, Contemporary Dance
- Tuesday, January 12, 2021, Noon – dee Clarke, Playwright
- Wednesday, January 13, 2021, Noon – Kerem Durdag & Andy Happel, Musical Theater
- Thursday, January 14, 2021, Noon – Abbe Museum, Native Stories
- Friday, January 15, 2021, Noon – Samuel James, Music