Portland Ovations seeks a creative, highly organized, self-directed Production Designer to work closely with the Director of Sales & Marketing and collaboratively with all staff to communicate and interpret Ovations’ programs and mission to the public. The ideal candidate will be a joyful team player who possesses experience in both print and digital design; traditional and new marketing platforms, including social media management; and is an excellent communicator.
Supervision Received and Exercised:
The position of Production Designer reports to the Director of Sales & Marketing. It is a full-time, salaried position. The position demands flexible hours including office time, evenings and weekends.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Designs and executes all in-house collateral (both print and digital), including but not limited to annual reports; posters; direct mail pieces; banners; print advertisements; flyers; programs and inserts; and development collateral.
- Administers company website and social media accounts, including some content.
- Manages design and print vendor relationships.
- Coordinates Portland Ovations’ portion of Portland Presents playbill, and serves as the Portland Presents representative; monitors expenses related to playbills and programs.
- Secures artist information and materials from provided contacts and sources and manages execution of annual season program brochure
- Assists with marketing, development and public relations communications.
- Collaborates with other staff to execute monthly e-newsletters.
Other Tasks Include
- Works with the Director of Sales & Marketing to oversee usage of Portland Ovations brand.
- Devises and implement grassroots marketing efforts such as postering, flyering and constituency-based audience development.
- Maintains web and social media statistics and provides dashboard data as requested
- Other responsibilities as requested.
- Minimum two years experience.
- Experience working collaboratively across functional areas to develop and manage initiatives.
- Demonstrated expertise with Adobe Creative Suites, WordPress, Facebook, Instagram, and other platforms.
This is a full-time position with benefits. Weekend and evening hours required. Access to reliable transportation a plus. Compensation commensurate with experience. Portland Ovations is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
TO APPLY send a specific cover letter detailing your interest in the position and resume to email@example.com. No phone calls, please. We will begin reviewing applications upon receipt and the position will be filled once a qualified candidate is found.